All the steps from RNA to gene expression results!
GET 20% OFF!
Use code: 20QPCR
LEARN TO MASTER QPCR
Mastering qPCR is a comprehensive course that provides all of the vital steps from RNA to relative gene expression values.
It took me 2 years of PhD studies to fully understand all the steps required to perform qPCR successfully.
Now, I am sharing all of this knowledge so you can learn to master qPCR in just a few hours!
HI, I'M DR STEVEN BRADBURN, PHD!
I am the creator of TopTipBio.com and the instructor for Mastering qPCR.
I have over 6 years of molecular biology experience, via PhD and a post-doctoral position, and in that time I have performed hundreds of PCR and qPCR assays. I know how frustrating qPCR can be, trust me. Running agarose gels and seeing nothing there. I have lost so much precious time self-learning aspects of RNA quality assessments, primer design and gene expression calculations!
I learnt the hard way, but you don't have to.
HERE'S WHAT'S INCLUDED
Mastering qPCR includes instant access to:
✔ Over 3.5 hours of content - A step-by-step curriculum.
✔ Lifetime access - Have access to Mastering qPCR forever, including future updates.
✔ Learn at your own pace - Once enrolled, you have access to the whole course - no drip content! So, learn as slow or as fast as you want.
✔ Support from me - Students of the course have the option to contact me regarding advice for their qPCR experiment.
✔ BONUS: 4 Excel data analysis templates - Each data analysis lecture and screencast comes with practise data and a template for automatic calculations.
✔ BONUS: Access the Slack Community - The opportunity to join a private, student-only Slack group to enable networking and experiment troubleshooting.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The course is split into a series of units in chronological order:
- Quality control of RNA - Discover how to interpret Nanodrop and Bioanalyzer results to determine the concentration, purity and integrity of RNA in your sample.
- Reverse transcription - Learn how to go from RNA to complementary DNA, and why this is important for qPCR.
- qPCR primer design - I'll show you what features make a good primer pair and teach you how to design your own qPCR primers.
- Optimizing an assay - I will explain my optimization strategy I use when I start a new qPCR assay to hopefully save you time and money.
- Primer efficiencies - Discover how to calculate the primer efficiency of a qPCR assay.
- Finding the best reference gene - Learn how to find the best reference gene to use for your experiment - a vital component to have during data analysis.
- Data analysis - I'll show you 4 different ways to calculate relative gene expression values by breaking down the complex mathematical
formulas so they are easier to understand.
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
The delivery of the course is mainly video-based and will come as:
- Bite-sized lectures - The course has over 3.5 hours of short (usually < 10 mins) presentations. These are clear, high-definition PowerPoint lectures, with narrations by yours truly.
- HD screencasts - Some lectures also contain screencasts where I will show you step by step instructions. For example, how to design qPCR primers using Primer-BLAST or performing the Delta-Delta Ct method in Microsoft Excel. This gives you the opportunity to undertake the same steps on your device.
- End of unit quizzes - Short, multiple choice questions will test your knowledge on key aspects of the course.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Mastering qPCR is for bioscience and molecular biology students who want to learn and understand the aspects of qPCR.
You may be a complete beginner with a basic understanding of how PCR works. Or maybe you are struggling to understand the complex maths behind qPCR data analysis. Mastering qPCR is the course to further your development and give you the knowledge to improve your qPCR assays.
WHAT THE STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"Great course to get yourself started with RNA work and qPCR. I've found it really useful as it provides a step-by-step guide from RNA quality to data analysis of gene expression. The course is very well structured, it presents the background concepts in a very visual/simple way followed by the practical how-to and tips to do it yourself in the lab. Also, Steven (the course instructor) is very knowledgeable and keen to help you with any question you have. I highly recommend it."
- Javier, PhD Student, University of Stirling, UK
"This course fantastic! It is very useful and provides good insight into how to perform and analyse correctly a qPCR. The best part of it is the full support from Steven, who is always available to listen/respond to our technical difficulties and to provide advice on how to deal with them. Excellent!"
- Vasco, PhD Student, King's College London, UK
"This is an excellent course, taking you step by step through the qPCR
experiment as you were doing it in the lab. The teaching approach is
very effective, it does not overwhelm you with a lot of unneeded
information but instead takes you into each step of the protocol
dissecting the essential aspects for a better comprehension. But at the
same time, it's very detailed as well. In every step you'll find
attached bibliography, and there are links to extra material carefully
selected for its clarity."
- Paolo, PhD Student, University of Sheffield, UK
Frequently Asked Questions
30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE INCLUDED